Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Apple Crisps

5 Cups peeled, sliced apples
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 Cup Margarine
2 T Lemon Juice
2 T Water
1 Cup Brown Sugar
Spread unpeeled, sliced apples in greased 9x13" pan.
Sprinkle with Cinnamon, Salt, Lemon Juice and Water.
Blend Flour, Brown Sugar and Butter with a fork or pastry blender until crumbly.
Spread Crumbly mixture over apples.
Bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour.

*Kid Friendly

**Because I serve it all dairy free I either serve it by itself or with a lactose free ice cream or cool whip. Some diets are too limiting for the later two items.

The Apples: I like them to not only be sliced but chopped a little, too. It's all in your preference. I just get out my Gormet Chef chopper and chop a few times. It seems to save me a little time.

No comments: